Applications are now open for the World Bank Group Young Professionals Program 2022. The World Bank and IFC have merged their respective Young Professional Programs into one World Bank Group Young Program (WBG YPP). The new program is currently accepting applications on behalf of three institutions; the World Bank , IFC and MIGA). Building on the rich legacy of its antecedent programs the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across their institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
The WBG YPP is a two year leadership development program which is the initial stage of a five-year employment contract with the World Bank, IFC or MIGA. Young professionals will begin intensive training both on the job and in the classroom in Washington, DC where they will be learning the fundamentals of leadership and development operations and how to identify opportunities for joint impact.
The WBG YPP is the beginning of a great career at the World Bank Group. Applicants are expected to be passionate about international development or finance, and have the potential to grow into impactful leadership roles across the world in the World Bank Group.
Key Program Features:
- Professional Experience
- Leadership Development
- Training on WBG Policies, Products & Operations
- Global Rotations across WBG
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Networking Events
- Management Supported Rotations & Job Placements
Benefits and Compensation
- Competitive salary and benefits package as part of 5-year term contract
- Health, Life and Accident Insurance
- A pension Plan
- Possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
- Nationals from all countries are eligible to apply. WBG YPP accepts applicants from diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds.
- Be born on or after October 1, 1989
- Have a graduate degree: master’s or doctoral degree:
- For World Bank Placement : Complete a relevant master’s degree by July 15, 2021 or PhD before September 2022. Fields of study should be related to a World Bank Business Area.
- For IFC & MIGA placement : Complete a relevant graduate degree before September 12, 2022. Fields of study should be related to IFC or MIGA Business Area, including but not limited to a Master’s of Business Administration (or equivalent ), Economics, Finance, International Relations, Science and Engineering.
- Specialize in a field relevant to YPP Business Areas
- Demonstrate relevant professional experience or continued study at the doctoral level
- For World Bank Placement: Have 3+ year of relevant experience or the equivalent in continued study at the doctoral level.
- For IFC & MIGA placement: Have 4+ years of relevant experience in finance political risk insurance and credit enhancement project \program development and /or consulting. Certifications such as the CFA are a plus.
- Be fluent in English
- The Bank’s Group recruitment policy is to hire staff of the highest caliber on as wide a geographical basis as possible with preference of nationals of WBG member countries or countries of operations.
To be competitive, applicants should additionally:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Have outstanding academic credentials
- Demonstrate excellent client engagement communication and team leadership skills
- Display knowledge of relevant sector trends
The following attributes are a plus:
- Work experience in emerging market or developing countries
- Full proficiency in one of the following official WBG languages : Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
To be considered for the WBG YPP, applicants must submit:
- Academic Credentials
- Short Summary of Thesis or Dissertation (World Bank candidates , only if applicable)
- 3 Professional or Academic Recommendations.
- Applications are open June 15 – July 15 for all profiles and from August 16- September 20 for IFC and MIGA profiles only.