Father’s day is the perfect time of the year for us to celebrate and appreciate all fathers and the father figures in our lives. Father’s day affords us the opportunity to express our profound gratitude to the men who stood by us in the rain and in the sunshine. A personalized card with a message will let him know how much you cherish and appreciate him.
Below are some examples of fathers day messages, quotes, and songs you can use to express your gratitude.
Examples of fathers day message
From you to your dad
- You’re the best, Dad. I love you!
- I’m so proud to be your son.
- Thank you for being there every day with just the love and guidance I’ve needed.
- God gave me such a good gift when he gave me you for a father.
- You made growing up fun.
- You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.
- You showed me in word and in deed that fatherhood is priceless. Happy fathers’ day dad.
- Never have you complained a day about being my father. I love you Dad.
From you and your Siblings
- Thank you for the example you set and for your leadership in our family. We love you, Dad!
- So glad we all share such fun times together, Daddy.
- We could never hide how much we love you, Dad.
- We deeply admire the good man and wonderful father you are.
When you cannot be together
- Near or far, I’m always so thankful for the great dad you are.
- I wish I could be there in person to remind you in person how much I love you, Dad.”
- Happy Father’s Day from afar to an amazing dad. Miss you.
For Someone Who is Like a Father to You
- Don’t know where I’d be without your wisdom and guidance.
- Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me.
- Thank you for believing in and showing me the way.
- Just wanted to recognize you on Father’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I’m more grateful than you could ever know.
- You’ve always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate important times in my life. That’s why I’m thinking of you with special gratitude on Father’s Day.
For Your Husband or Partner
- I’m so grateful to be sharing life, love and parenthood with a wonderful man like you.
- I love our family, and I love you.
- Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life.
- I can’t imagine anyone who’s a better father or more loving husband than you.
- Our kids think of you as a hero. And they’re absolutely right about that.
- Seeing what a great dad you are only makes me love you more.
- The only thing better than having you for a husband is our children having you for a daddy.
- I always thought you’d make a great dad. Now, I know it. Happy Father’s Day to an amazing husband.
1. On e father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. —George Herbert
2. A girl’s first true love is her father. —Marisol Santiago
3. A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you. —Dimitri the Stoneheart
4. Fathers just have a way of putting everything together. —Erika Cosby
5. Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing father. —Unknown
6. The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. —Tim Russert
7. No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word―father. —Lydia Maria Child
8. When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. —Linda Poindexter
9. A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow. —Unknown
10. The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking. —Dan Pearce
11. Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, storytellers and singers of song. —Unknown
12. A dad is someone who wants to catch you when you fall. Instead, he picks you up, brushes you off and lets you try again. —Unknown
13. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. —Sigmund Freud
14. It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. —Anne Sexton
15. No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much.—Hedy Lamarr
16. There is a unique void that fathers will always fill no matter how old we are. —Zelu Barbara
17. No man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. —Hedy Lamarr
18. Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever. —Unknown
19. What a father says to his children is not heard by the world, but it will be heard by posterity. —Jean Paul
20. Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds. —Terri Guillemets
21. Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. —Al Unser
22. A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father. —Gabriel Garcia Marquez
23. A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one. —Linda Poindexter
24. A father is a banker provided by nature. —French proverb
25. You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. He’s more particular. —Robert Frost
26. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. —Charles Wadworth
27. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. —Billy Graham
28. She did not stand alone, but what stood behind her, the most potent moral force in her life, was the love of her father. —Harper Lee
29. I realized being a father is the greatest job I have ever had and the greatest job I will ever have. —Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
30. It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. —Johann Friedrich von Schiller
31. My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future. —Liza Minnelli
32. The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. —Reed Markham
33. The power of a dad in a child’s life is unmatched. —Justin Ricklefs
34. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father. —Barack Obama
35. What we become depends on what our fathers teach us. —Umberto Eco
36. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me. —Jim Valvano
37. If there is any immortality to be had among us human beings, it is certainly only in the love that we leave behind. Fathers like mine don’t ever die. —Leo Buscaglia
38. A girl’s father is the first man in her life, and probably the most influential.—David Jeremiah
39. My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be. —Cher Lloyd
40. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right. —Wade Boggs
41. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could ever give me and it’s my name. —Zelu Barbara
42. To the world you are a dad. To our family you are the world. —Unknown
43. Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance. —Ruth E. Renkel
44. Good fathers do three things: they provide, they nurture and they guide. —Roland Warren
45. Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end. —George Straight
10 Songs about Fathers.
- Beyoncé – Daddy
- Owl City – Not All Heroes Wear Capes
- Will Smith – Just the Two of Us
- Luther Vandross – Dance With My Father
- Sarah McLachlan – Song For My Father
- Miley Cyrus – I Learned From You
- Holly Dunn – Daddy’s Hands
- Keith Urban – Song for Dad
- Chrisette Michele – Your Joy
- Madonna – Papa Don’t Preach
- Stevie Wonder – These Three Words
- Barbra Streisand – Papa, Can You Hear Me?
I hope you find this article helpful, kindly comment, like and share.