Friends are like the family we never had, the ones who truly understand us. They’re there during the sunshine and rain. The people we can count on without a shadow of a doubt that they will come to our aid.
We know that they deserve to be celebrated, nonetheless, we are not able to find the right words to express exactly how we feel and the depth of our appreciation.
No need to worry, these quotes were put together for you so that you can be able to perfectly express your appreciation and love for your friends.
Inspiring Friendship Quotes
Best Friend Quotes
Loyalty Friendship Quotes
Deep Friendship Quotes
Funny Friendship Quotes
Inspiring Friendship Quotes
1. A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
– Walter Winchell
2. Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer. –Ed Cunningham
3. In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up. – Thomas J. Watson
5. Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
6. Growing apart doesn’t change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I’m glad for that. – Ally Condie
7. Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.
8. There’s one sad truth in life I’ve found. While journeying east and west The only folks we really wound. Are those we love the best. We flatter those we scarcely know. We please the fleeting guest. And deal full many a thoughtless blow. To those who love us best. – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
9. Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. – Anais Nin
10. Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you. – William Arthur Ward
11. The best time to make friends is before you need them.
– Ethel Barrymore
12. Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together.
– Woodrow T. Wilson
13. Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose. – Tennessee Williams
14. A good word is an easy obligation; but not to speak ill requires only our silence; which costs us nothing. –John Tillotson
15. When you stop expecting people to be perfect, you can like them for who they are. – Donald Miller
16. It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters. – Unknown
17. Anything is possible when you have the right people there to support you. –Misty Copeland
18. Friends are the family you choose. – Jess C. Scott
19. Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.
20. There are big ships and small ships. But the best ship of all is friendship.
21. Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious.
22. Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow.
23. Friendship improves happiness, and abates misery, by doubling our joys, and dividing our grief.
24. Friendship is a strong and habitual inclination in two persons to promote the good and happiness of one another.
25. Friendship is a sheltering tree.Samuel Taylor Coleridge
26. Friendship is the golden thread that ties the heart of all the world. – John Evelyn
27. Every friendship goes through ups and downs. Dysfunctional patterns set in; external situations cause internal friction; you grow apart and then bounce back together.
28. In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends.
29. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
30. Anybody can sympathize with the sufferings of a friend, but it requires a very fine nature to sympathize with a friend’s success.
31. Some people go to priests, others to poetry, I to my friends.
32. Friends should be like books, few, but hand-selected.
33. Your friends will know you better in the first minute you meet than your acquaintances will know you in a thousand years.
Funny Friendship Quotes
34. There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate.
35. I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better.
36. You don’t have to be crazy to be my friend, I will train you. – Unknown
37. I was an innocent being until my best friend came along. – Unknown
38. I don’t know what’s tighter. Our jeans or our friendship. – Unknown
39. All you need is a great friend and a full tank. – Unknown
40. Never let your friends feel lonely disturb then all the time. – Unknown
41. Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected. – Charles Lamb
42. Friendship is so weird…you just pick a human you’ve met and you’re like ‘Yep, I like this one’ and you just do stuff with them. – Unknown
43. I think we’ll be friends forever because we’re too lazy to find new friends. – Unknown
44. I love that our effortless friendship fits perfectly with my laziness. – Unknown
45. We are best friends. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up after I finish laughing. – Unknown
46. Friendship must be built on a solid foundation of alcohol, sarcasm, inappropriateness, and shenanigans. – Unknown
47. I’d take a bullet for you. Not in the head. But like in the leg or something.
48. I hope we’re friends until we die. Then I hope we stay ghost friends and walk through walls and scare the shit out of people. – Unknown
49. Real friends don’t get offended when you insult them. They smile and call you something even more offensive. – Unknown
50. Good friends don’t let you do stupid things… alone.
51. It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like ‘What about lunch? –A. A. Milne
52. Real friendship is when you friend comes over to your house and then you both just take a nap. – Unknown
53. The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families. –Jay McInerney
Best Friend Quotes
54. A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. – Bernard Meltzer
55. It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter. – Marlene Dietrich
56. Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.
57. A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you just the way you are. – Unknown
58. A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden. – Unknown
59. A friend who understands your tears is much more valuable than a lot of friends who only know your smile. – Unknown
60. We are going to be friends forever besides you know too much. – Unknown
61. To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world. – Dr. Seuss
62. One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.
63. We weren’t sisters [or brothers] by birth, but we knew from the start…fate brought us together to be sisters [or brothers] by heart. – Unknown
64. God made us best friends because he knew our moms couldn’t handle us as sisters. – Unknown
65. A friend is one of the best things you can be and the greatest things you can have. – Sarah Valdez
66. Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need. – Unknown
67. A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.
68. No matter how tired I am, I get dinner at least once a week with my girlfriends. Or have a sleepover. Otherwise, my life is just all work.
69. Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.
70. Friends are the sibling’s God never gave us. – Mencius
71. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
72. Friends are like stars, they come and go, but the ones that stay are the ones that glow.
73. True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi connects automatically. – Unknown
Loyalty Friendship Quotes
74. A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they’re not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they’re not so bad. – Arnold H. Glasgow
75. A true friend never get in your way until you happen to be going down. – Arnold H. Glasgow
76. Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. – Oprah Winfrey
77. Best friends are the people in your life who make you laugh louder, smile brighter, and live better. – Unknown
78. I may not always be there with you, but I will always be there for you.
79. True friends are like diamonds — bright, beautiful, valuable, and always in style. – Nicole Richie
80. Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who walked into your life, said ‘I’m here for you’ and PROVED it.
81. Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.
82. A friend to all is a friend to none.
83. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing…not healing, not curing…that is a friend who cares. – Henri Nouwen
84. We come from homes far from perfect, so you end up almost parent and sibling to your friends – your own chosen family. There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.
85. Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through this life–and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see in the next.
86. The essence of true friendship is to make allowance for another’s little lapses. – David Storey
87. True friends aren’t the ones who make your problems disappear. They are the ones who won’t disappear when you’re facing problems. – Unknown
88. Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don’t say. – Unknown
89. My best friend is the man who in wishing me well wishes it for my sake. – Aristotle
90. A strong friendship doesn’t need daily conversation or being together. As long as the relationship lives in the heart, true friends never part. – Unknown
91. True friendship isn’t about being there when it is convenient; it’s being there when it’s not. – Unknown
Deep Friendship Quotes
92. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. – Elisabeth Foley
93. A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.
– Donna Roberts
94. There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. – Thomas Aquinas
95. But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine. – Thomas Jefferson
96. True friends are always together in spirit. – L.M. Montgomery
98. In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. – Albert Schweitzer
99. Real friendship, like real poetry, is extremely rare — and precious as a pearl. – Tahar Ben Jelloun
100. A true friend sees the pain in your eyes, even if you have a big smile on your face.– Unknown
101. No road is long for good company – Unknown
102. True friendship exists if silence between two people is comfortable. – Unknown